I was only able to break this news yesterday on Instagram due to one of the vendors reaching out to me. I have zero details on the building’s potential for resale, whether it will be just the land or if there is an opportunity for a turnkey transition.
I have been receiving a lot of supportive messages and inquiries. I am optimistic that the facility can be saved by its existing members or a similar concept can replace it. I did not know how else to relay information to Fork tenants of folks offering their services or advice. Please feel free to use the comments section to network!!!
- via Insta user: @tash.gerken
Jenn Legnini at Turtle Rock Farm has space in Brunswick after October. Oaks & Maple also in Brunswick has rental opportunities
- Crepe Elizabeth suggested checking availability of local church kitchens.
- Sam@dunhamgroup.com has storage space for lease on Ocean Ave
- AC Grocery on Washington Ave has part-time access to their kitchen. Jason Loring, Eighty-Eight Donuts, Bolster Snow & Co., Thainy Boda, Belleville, and Union Bagel have voiced their willingness to invest, share space/equipment, act as sounding boards, etc.
- via Insta-user: @carreats
The Kitchen Company will be opening in Biddeford mid-fall with shared commercial kitchen space.
- via Insta-user: hansonbriand a commercial kitchen is under development on Wharf Street
- UPDATE 8/2/18: CloudPort Maine is offering a complimentary 2-month membership to displaced Fork members (email@example.com)
- UPDATE 8/2/18: ask for general manager Charlie at Brian Boru regarding available kitchen space